My Emoji Stories

 Hi! Back at it again with me on today's post! Today, I'm going to share you about the interesting stories I've read and listened! There will be 2 stories that I'm going to share it with you all!


The first one is the listening text, titled "Sushi" and the author is ELLO. The text's genre is classified as factual and the sub-genre is recipes and food. The text level is 14.20 (approximately low-advanced) and the word count is about 200, short, right? Since this is a listening text, the audio is about a little over a minute. The text/audio is about a conversation between 2 friends, friend A is telling friend B about her sushi night with her girlfriend and they talked about different types of sushi she had tried. You must be thinking, what does this has to do with the title? Emoji? Well, I'm going to show you what emoji that represents how I think or feel listening/reading to it! Sounds interesting, right?! Here is the emoji that represents how I think about the story:


Yes, a thinking emoji! Hmmm, now why did I chose that, you ask? It's because the people in the text/audio seemed a bit skeptical about Japanese cuisine. Like how they tagged uni and natto as "gross". As someone who really enjoys Japanese cuisines, I don't think it's as gross as they said it is. Sure, everyone has different tastes, but don't tell other people that the said dish is "gross" just because you think it is, because then they won't even think to try said dish because they got recommended by their friends that the dish is "gross"! How can they tell it's gross even though they never tried it before and trusted other people's taste buds? I should use a disappointed emoji, but thinking emoji suits better~


Now, the next text is the reading text. The title is "Getting to Know More about Sushi" and the author is Diane. The genre is factual and the sub-genre is recipes and food. The text's level is 15.50 (approximately mid-advanced) and the word count is about 550, quite an exercise! The text is about a brief explanation about sushi and how to make them! Interesting, isn't it? At least I think it is! Now, this is the emoji I chose to represent what I feel about the text:


Yeah! A surprised emoji! Well, my face didn't really went like that when reading though, haha! The emoji really exaggerated my expression. I'm not surprised because I just know about sushi or how to make them, I'm surprised that it was really factual! A little background of myself, I graduated from a vocational high school and I chose culinary major, so I'm very familiar about basic culinary such as sushi. I was surprised the text has a literal recipe in it! Minus the measurements though, but it has all the essentials on how to make California Maki Roll! An applause to Diane as the author!


I think that's about it for today, I got nothing else to say about my report. Well, I'll see you all next time in my next blog post!

Ciao!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

English and Me

Suit Up!