Individual Reflections

 Hello! And welcome back to my blog! It's been a while since I've posted, hasn't it? However, I believe this will be my final blog post about my ICC course. I'm thinking about renaming this blog "Jessi's Study Corner," because I might continue to use it to post blog posts about my university studies. So, let's get right to the point of this blog post!

 

Specifically, my reading habit, my idea about it at the start of the semester was that I consider reading as a way of relieving stress, that I find it entertaining and that it helps me forget about my problems for a while, and that it is a way to kill time. I don't typically study English through books. Though I must admit that while reading, I do occasionally analyze how authors express their ideas in words, which I find useful when writing blog posts and paper assignments.

 

And at the end of the semester—right now—my perspective on reading is that if I want to analyze all or parts of the story, I need to be completely immersed in the story's plot and enjoy it in order for my brain to function properly. And, in case you didn't notice, I love classic fiction. As you can see from the blog posts, I had to re-read a few of my favorites and try to really understand what was going on in order to write my report, which is something I didn't do in the past because old English, especially Shakespearean English, is difficult.

 

After this course, I'll probably try to read old classics as if I'm going to write a report, because it's what helped me understand what was going on in the story. Will I continue to read graded reader books? That's something I'm not sure about. Will I, however, continue to read fiction? Definitely! Classics, in particular, have kept me sane! I'm not sure I'd still read graded reader books because I'm not a fan of extremely short stories. Don't get me wrong, I like short stories as well, but I just can't seem to enjoy the plots of most graded reader books. And as for fiction books, I have a tendency to have crazy fantasies, and those fiction books are what kept my brain's creativity running, such as when I had to make bookmarks or a scene from a story!

 

This is my progress so far!


Well, I think that’s all from my reflection of this whole semester. It was a very fun and interesting semester! I love reading and writing from the start, so I might miss this course, such a shame. Maybe I should continue making my own stories, hahaha! Well, I’ll see you all next time. Some day.

ciao!

Comments

  1. Hey, Jess, thanks for sharing your reflections. I always enjoyed reading your posts. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Suit Up!

The Perfect Song

My Emoji Stories